Apple Cinnamon Pudding Cake
Ooey and gooey cross between pudding and cake! Apples from Ellijay, Georgia were used – Honeycrisp from the beginning of apple season in the South.
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour (220g) Sifted
- 2 sticks Melted butter
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 large Honeycrisp Apples (or any other sweet/tart firm apple – depending on the time of season) Peeled and diced
- 4 Eggs
- Extra Brown Sugar For Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350* F
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, and baking powder together. Blend throughly. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. Whisk for a couple of minutes to blend well.
- Add milk and flour mixture to the sugar mixture slowly, incorporating well.
- Add diced apples. Combine throughly.
- Spray non-stick spray onto a Pyrex dish, and line with parchment paper for even easier removal. Pour the pudding cake batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle brown sugar on top generously. Return to oven to bake another 40 minutes, or until the batter does not move like a liquid around this time.
- This is best eaten warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!