In today’s show we are discussing whether real estate can be done part time as a hobby or as a profession!
So the topic today where so many agents like to complain about, does being part-time necessarily mean that you being under-trained and being shitty at your job? Not necessarily, if you’re juggling too much then it is, but it should always be based on your client’s best interest! Sure there will be pros and cons in working part-time and full-time working as an agent. For example, Kellen who has worked in a large wireless telecommunications company has suddenly and unceremoniously laid off out of nowhere and where he wasn’t fully financially prepared! He and his wife wondered if they could survive on a single minimum wage, hourly pay. After realizing that they could not, they decided that they needed a change, so Kellen went to real estate college, when he found that his great, great, great grandfather’s real estate license from the city of Long Beach in 1939.
Unfortunately, he still needed money to support his family and so what he did for the year in real estate was he worked full-time during the day and he worked a night job delivering pizzas.
In working multiple jobs at the same time, there will be burnout! There are going to be moments where you question if what you’re doing is still the right thing, the right move, and it’s just a matter of persevering.
- Working part-time and full-time as an agent
- Perseverance that is required when working part-time as an agent
- Saying “No” to other opportunities in pursuit of your business
- Transitioning to working full-time in an establish company to working part-time as an agent
- Helpful advice for newer agents
- Having contingency plan in making your real estate business network, work for you
- Having a different perspective
- Treating each client as a transaction and never be complacent
- How to consider your client’s best interest
- Staying hungry as a real estate agent
- Doing everything with excellence
Stay tuned for more episodes here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rethink-real-estate-podcast/id1352837881
Visit our website! https://www.rtrepodcast.com/